[Coco] MPI mods...

Brian Blake random_rodder at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 27 20:57:38 EDT 2006

Looking at modding my MPI (3124) for use with an ATX power supply. I've got two different descriptions on how to do this. Both call for the removal of IC9 and inputs for +/-12vdc and +5vdc. One calls for the removal of Q1 and IC7 & 8. The other calls for the removal of R7.

  My question is, since IC9 and R7 are being removed, does Q1 even have a purpose? Near as I can tell, with R7 and IC9 gone, both the emitter and base of Q1 are no longer connected to the circuit.

  Thanks,

  Brian