[Coco] Re: My coco3 gallery (Bob Devries)

Andrew keeper63 at cox.net
Fri Aug 25 22:34:52 EDT 2006

 > Yeah, it still works. I was kinda surprised myself.
 > I did use it with a disk drive (also home built) based on a 2793
 > Western Digital controller.

Mr. Devries,

Would you happen to have the schematics for that controller? I don't
even know if the 2793 controller still exists or not, but I could use a
schematic of a "recent" disk controller.

One of my future projects is the restoration of an Altair 8800, and I
have ideas on getting a disk system up on it (as well as a network
interface - dreaming big here) to save any toggled in code. I have yet
to find an old issue of Byte or something that could lead me in such a
direction, as to how to build such a thing (I also am needing a pinout
of the S-100 bus, but that shouldn't be hard to find). I am not looking
to have a disk system that could read disks of the era. To do so is as
close to impossible as I have seen; floppies of the time (most? all?)
were hard-sectored, and I have never held a real one, I have only seen
photos. It has been easier for me to find punch cards and core memory
for my small "collection" of old hardware. I am just looking for a
system that I could save new work on.

If you don't have the schematic, I wouldn't worry about it. I am sure
that when I get to that point in the restoration, I will be able to find
something that can help me.

Thank you,

-- Andrew L. Ayers
    Glendale (Phoenix), Arizona