[Coco] MFM Controllers

Chester A Patterson vchester at setec-cr.com
Wed Aug 23 11:18:41 EDT 2006

Hi. I have a Burke and Burke setup with the DTC-5150 controller and a
Seagate ST-225 20MB HD. Works fine. I've come across a Seagate ST-4096
80MB HD. Problems. Way back un my Howard Medical days, we got an order
for an ST-4096 with the BnB interface. We used the DTC-5150 but it
didn't work. The Cylinder/Heads/Sectors were too much for the DTC-5150.
We ended up using another controller and it finally was able to access
all 80MB. But I do not recall which controller. Please, which of those
old 8-bit controllers can handle the *BIG* MFM drives? Thanks. /Chester