[Coco] Police Quest 1 and King's Quest 4 for the coco!

Guillaume Major gmajor at videotron.ca
Sun Aug 20 10:08:03 EDT 2006

Now you can play these games on your coco 3!

I finally found the bug in Police Quest 1 that was corrupting the memory of the AGI interpreter. It allowed me to finish its adaptation for the coco and is now fully playable.

Also, I successfully converted King's Quest 4 (AGI version) from version 3 to version 2 to use with the coco interpreter. Version 3 resources are compressed and the coco interpreter does not support compression. I had to decompress all resources from KQ4 so now the VOL files are bigger than the original game. I had to put the files on 720K disks. I will look forward for a way to split the VOL files and make the game available on 360K disks.

There are some minor glitches with object priorities due to the fact that this game was designed to run on a more recent version of the AGI interpreter and make use of commands not available on the coco interpreter. But these glitches doesn't affect playability.

You can download them at: http://goyim.dyndns.org:8080/coco

Please let me know if you find any bug in these games or other sierra games that I have modified.

Enjoy!

Guillaume