[Coco] ToolShed and Windows

Boisy Pitre boisy at boisypitre.com
Fri Aug 11 16:31:41 EDT 2006

For those who have been asking for Windows support in ToolShed (the
OS-9/Disk BASIC file utilities at www.nitros9.org), I thought this
might be of interest.

I have successfully compiled ToolShed using Borland's C++ Builder
2006 and am running the utilities on Windows.  I have access to this
development environment through work, and it's a rather expensive
IDE.  However, Borland is selling its tools division and has recently
announced their "Turbo" products will be making a comeback.  See:
http://www.turboexplorer.com/

As the website states, Turbo C++/C#/Delphi will come in "Explorer"
versions that are FREE of charge and downloadable.  The professional
version will cost $500 and will have more features, and there will be
a student version for $100.  I fully expect ToolShed to be compilable
by Turbo C++ Explorer, which is free.  This in turn should allow more
Windows-based development of these cross tools.

This new development should once and for all settle the poor support
that ToolShed has had under the Windows platform.
--
Boisy G. Pitre
337.781.3570 mobile
email: boisy at boisypitre.com
Website: www.boisypitre.com

"If there is truth to the proposition that knowing the past helps us
to understand the present, I believe there is at least as much truth
to the proposition that what we know of the present is crucial to our
understanding of the past.  What we have not ourselves experienced or
observed we can at most only partially and imperfectly comprehend;
and I suspect that there is much in history that is so remote from
our own experiences or observations as to be largely beyond our
understanding." - Kenneth M. Stamp