[Coco] Re: SitePlayer Telnet (Steve Bjork)

Andrew keeper63 at cox.net
Wed Aug 2 01:25:10 EDT 2006

> Message: 1
> Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2006 09:09:25 -0700
> From: Steve Bjork <6809er at bjork-huffman.net>
> Subject: Re: [Coco] SitePlayer Telnet
> To: CoCoList for Color Computer Enthusiasts <coco at maltedmedia.com>
>
> Hi Andrew,
>
> While I have yet to work with the SitePlayer from Netmedia, their Basic X
> family of rapid development microcontrollers are great!
>
> I been working with BX-24P and other models and they are fast and
> powerful.  You get real-time multi-tasking OS, 32 floating point math, 32k
> of EEPROM (8000+ lines of code) and 400 bytes of ram.
>
> Find out more at http://www.basicx.com

Steve,

I should have noted in my email where I first saw the device - I receive
both Nuts and Volts and their spinoff, Servo Magazine. The company
advertises in both. But it wasn't until recently that I thought about
its uses for the CoCo.

I haven't yet looked deeply into their BasicX controllers, but from what
I have read, they sound pretty cool. I have a robotics project (if I
ever get back to it, that is) that could use a nice microcontroller for
a few auxillary tasks (servo positioning, mainly), and one of these
might be ideal.

Thanks for the further info on it!

-- Andrew L. Ayers
    Glendale (Phoenix), Arizona