[Coco] reading the ROM on a CoCo 3

Willard Goosey goosey at virgo.sdc.org
Tue Aug 1 04:44:25 EDT 2006

>Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2006 11:00:22 -0400
>From: Mike Pepe <lamune at doki-doki.net>

>I was able to at least verify that the CART ROM enable output does not
>go low during a write cycle. This obviously precludes being able to
>write to the EEPROM in-socket.

I'm afraid I haven't been following this thread, but this caught my
interest.  So, I'm not sure exactly what you're up to, and this might
or might not be relevent.

In the May 1988 Rainbow, Dennis H. Weide has an article "Static RAM
Interface" that describes a 16K SRAM expansion pak that lives in the
usual C000-FEFF cartridge ROM space, but can be read *and written to*
normally.

Is that of any use to you?

Willard
Willard Goosey  goosey at sdc.org