[Coco] POKEd floppy access

Arthur Flexser flexser at fiu.edu
Wed Apr 26 04:54:29 EDT 2006

Speeding up the step rate might possibly help a bit, particularly with the
RESTORE (go to Track 0) disk controller operation.  I recall in patching ADOS-3
for 2MHz that lengthening the RESTORE delay seemed particularly critical for
reliability.  Where you might see unreliability with an unpatched RSDOS is in
reading and writing looong files, and with file I/O using operations other than
LOAD(M) and SAVE(M), like PRINT#1, etc.  Try loading and then high-speed saving
a long Basic program, then loading it in again at high speed.  If there are any
dropped characters, it will mess up the address-of-start-of-next-line pointers
and you'll find that the program will only list correctly up to a certain point.

Art