[Coco] 1000sx update

Willard Goosey goosey at virgo.sdc.org
Sat Apr 22 02:49:46 EDT 2006

>From: KnudsenMJ at aol.com
>Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 23:48:34 EDT

>If Tandy had merely brought out the DMA Request and Grant leads from
>eh 6809 as part of the bus, then at least controllers plugged into
>the MPI could have used DMA.  No-Halt floppies would have been the
>standard, and HDs would be so much faster.

It sort of amazing that a computer so completely unsuited to
multitasking could be built around the 6809...

>I never had any real problems with file corruption under OS-9 with my  B&B
>and ST-225 MFM system.

Must be nice.  I've used the LR-Tech setup described earlier, and the
Glenside IDE... I spent more time repairing the file system and
replacing broken files then I did actually using the system. :-(

Willard
Willard Goosey  goosey at sdc.org
Socorro, New Mexico, USA
   --- Yacko