[Coco] 1000sx update

Willard Goosey goosey at virgo.sdc.org
Fri Apr 21 03:15:08 EDT 2006

>Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 10:16:59 -0400
>From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett at verizon.net>
>
>On Thursday 20 April 2006 04:17, Willard Goosey wrote:
>>Heh, OK.  It's a fast MFM drive, if that's not a complete
>> contradiction in terms. ;-)
>
>Well, in terms of a coco's speed, its still supersonic. :)

If Tandy had put a real expansion bus and a DMA controller in the
CoCo... Ah well.

To use MFM on my CoCo, I'd have to dig up that old XEBEC SASI-to-MFM
board and use the LR-Tech controller, and I don't think I'm going
there.  I don't remember if I did, but when I gave up on that setup I
may very well have taken a hammer to that XEBEC board.  It certainly
deserved it.

You know, that's why my CoCo 3 quit being my main computer... It
simply could not keep a hard drive filesystem uncorrupted.

Willard
Willard Goosey  goosey at sdc.org
Socorro, New Mexico, USA
   --- Yacko