[Coco] CF Hard Drives (was: 1000sx update

Roger Merchberger zmerch-coco at 30below.com
Thu Apr 20 10:57:35 EDT 2006

Rumor has it that Gene Heskett may have mentioned these words:
>On Thursday 20 April 2006 04:17, Willard Goosey wrote:
> >>Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 14:44:18 -0700
> >>From: "Derryl L. Cummings" <d.cummings at comcast.net>
> >>
> >> I Googled this description of the ST-251 MC-1.
> >
> >Heh, OK.  It's a fast MFM drive, if that's not a complete
> > contradiction in terms. ;-)
>
>Well, in terms of a coco's speed, its still supersonic. :)

Then the 256Meg Compact Flash I'm currently tinkering with on my CoCo
w/SuperIDE must be "Warp 9." ;-)

Still working on getting HDB-DOS & whatnot setup - Easter left me little
time to tinker. I'm thinking of heading over to
"Make-Sams-Kids-Richer*Mart" and see what a second 256Meg CF will cost.
Hopefully very cheap. Then once I get one chip set up, I want to see if
DD'ing the critter over to the other one will make a "flawless" backup.
Then I could backup my entire CoCo's drive system in a matter of minutes on
a Linux box.

I had a 2G laptop drive all figgered out, was gonna bolt it right to the
SuperIDE, but after seeing just how slick the CF works, and for the CoCo's
size needs, the CF necessary is now considered *small*, I may not diddle
with the hard drive after all.

Ah well... Back to work.

Laterz,
Roger "Merch" Merchberger

--
Roger "Merch" Merchberger   | Anarchy doesn't scale well. -- Me
zmerch at 30below.com.         |