[Coco] Tom Mix SR-71 going for over $100

Ken Carlin carlin at nauticom.net
Sun Apr 16 10:43:53 EDT 2006

I also bid on this to try and get the instructions.  And I was also amazed
at just how high the winning bidder was willing to go.

I noticed that my initial bid (something like $35) was outbid by the same
person *3 times*.  So I just had to see how high he might have gone.  I
figured I'd stop bidding once one of my new bids topped his second place
bid.  I never did outbid even that second place bid.

I was fully prepared to pay for the (admittedly ridiculous) bid in the
event I miscalculated and actually won the auction.  But that never
happened.  And I still have no idea just how high he was willing to go.