[Coco] First impression of Roy's adapter.

RJRTTY at aol.com RJRTTY at aol.com
Tue Apr 11 10:10:10 EDT 2006

In a message dated 4/11/06 4:23:13 A.M. Eastern  Daylight Time,
msmcdoug at iinet.net.au writes:
>I'm currently implementing  the CoCo 1 in an FPGA. More specifically, I'm
>currently working on the  6847, having it generate composite and VGA
>output at the same time. I'm  using 640x480 mode for VGA and because (my)
>horizontal timings are  exactly twice the frequency of the composite
>signal, the borders in this  mode are quite significant. I notice they
>are on the adapter as  well!

>Is the adapter using 640x80 mode (timings and sync polarity at  least)?

Yes,  the adapter is using 640x480 mode.  Actually,  the exact specifications
are 680x452.   This includes the sync  polarity and timings.  THere is
a considerable border in 32 column mode  but much less of one
in the 40 and 80 column modes.

Roy