[Coco] Nitros disks

Roger Taylor webmaster at coco3.com
Sun Apr 9 16:54:52 EDT 2006

At 03:30 PM 4/9/2006, you wrote:
>I was finally able to get the whole set of Nitros-9 files, but XP is
>not making it easy to build a NOS-9 boot disk.  I downloaded the
>whole pile of stuff to my G5 iMac, unzipped it, then shot it over to
>my HP Pavilion (running XP Pro), which refuses to open the .dsk
>images, even following the instructions and using the command window.

I'm not sure if anybody knows but there *is* a free Windows XP program that
reads/writes/formats CoCo floppies, as well as other foreign formats.  It's
called OmniFlop.  Google it up.

I'm currently working with the author to use it transparently within my
Portal-9 IDE to use these features in CoCo development.  This will pretty
much create a CoCo studio that requires no real CoCo to do floppy-based
software development (Disk BASIC and OS-9) from source code to shipping
from one program.  ;)

--
Roger Taylor