[Coco] RE: [Color Computer] Opinion time

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sun Apr 9 10:47:16 EDT 2006

On Sunday 09 April 2006 01:11, Stephen H. Fischer wrote:
>Gene Heskett wrote:
>> On Monday 03 April 2006 12:01, Stephen Blunt wrote:
>>> My suggestion (which I hopefully be carrying out myself soon) is to
>>> use a modern arcade monitor. There is a company that is now selling
>>> directly to the public. They have a 27" unit that would need to be
>>> put is some sort of housing and costs ~$400. It does CGA, EGA, VGA
>>> and SVGA, frequencies of 15~47hz. I figure this the best way to
>>> have it all (on a nice big screen).
>>
>> A coco, displaying on a 27" screen?  Two words come to mind,
>> awesome, and overkill.  Emphasis on the awesome though. :)

Thanks for the link.  Those shots are MUCH MUCH sharper than I can do.
I've looked at things here and found that as applied to the adaptor Roy
sent me, the high freqs are very badly rolled off, so much so that 80
column text, particularly in color combos using blue aren't well
reproduced as the rise times to give those nice sharp pix you are
getting just aren't there coming out of my coco3.  A full black to
white transition is well over 280ns here.

Maybe my gime is sickly.  The only other gime I have is an 86 model,
sitting in Dennis Skala's older coco3.  Its got the sparklies.

What are you measuring for rise & fall times using the usual 10-90%
points?

--
Cheers, Gene
message by Gene Heskett are: