[Coco] [Color Computer] Thexder

Roger Merchberger zmerch-coco at 30below.com
Fri Apr 7 12:58:00 EDT 2006

Rumor has it that Ward Griffiths may have mentioned these words:
>On 04/06/2006 05:12 pm, Kelly Leavitt wrote:
> > I'm getting ready to show a couple of CoCos in my VCF East exhibit on
> > the history of Tandy computers. Someone suggested I show a running copy
> > of Thexder. Does anybody have a Thexder cartridge they'd be willing to
> > part with?

I *think* I only have one, and my kids (7&9) are enjoying my 'resurgence'
into the CoCo3 world again and enjoying playing the games & typing on the
keyboard & whatnot.

I think I'd get lynched if Thexder disappeared...

>VCF East 3.0?  How have I been missing this?

Maybe because you haven't been checking in at www.vintage.org in a timely
manner... ;-)

>   While I haven't been on the old
>Vintage mailing list for a number of years (too much traffic, too little
>time) and I only check the Usenet groups every couple of months, I'd have
>expected to see something somewhere about 1.0 and 2.0.

VCF East 2.0 was 2 years ago in Boston. I actually made it to there, albeit
for a "truncated" visit. T'was my first time in Boston, I actually rather
liked it. [[ After living near Duhtroit for 18 months, I'm generally not
real keen on big cities... ;-) ]] 'Course, I *really* liked my visit to Salem.

Ah well... 3.0 won't happen for me - too little money right now, and too
little time off. [[ I have lots of vacation time, but no time that I can
actually *use* it at this point. Aahh, job security. ;-) ]]

Maybe 4.0, or if there's a VCF-MidWest this year, maybe I could make a
weekender for that - anything within an 8-hour drive I might be able to
swing... if I don't have 2 jobs at the time. ;-)

Laterz,
Roger "Merch" Merchberger

--
Roger "Merch" Merchberger   | "Profile, don't speculate."
SysAdmin, Iceberg Computers |     Daniel J. Bernstein