[Coco] OT -- PC needs TWO Shut Downs

KnudsenMJ at aol.com KnudsenMJ at aol.com
Tue Apr 4 00:15:11 EDT 2006

In a message dated 4/4/06 12:03:36 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
robert.gault at worldnet.att.net writes:

>I  forgot to mention that the icon problem can be cured by deleting the file

>ShellIconCache
Thanks.  You have to do this every time the icons get corrupted,  right?

> and  by increasing the size of the  entry
>HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\explorer\Max
>Cached Icons.

Oh boy, a chance to try out RegEdit.  Too late in the evening right  now for
that!
It seems the problem could be running out of cache, so some icons get
re-used for the wrong purposes?  --Mike K.