[Coco] OT -- PC needs TWO Shut Downs

KnudsenMJ at aol.com KnudsenMJ at aol.com
Tue Apr 4 00:11:59 EDT 2006

In a message dated 4/3/06 11:44:36 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
gene.heskett at verizon.net writes:

>>Generally it's the bigger caps by the PWM drivers for the CPU  core
>>voltage that die first. All sorts of bizarre things begin to  happen.
>
>yes, and the majority of those are big enough to need  thruhole mounting,
>so replacement is a piece of cake for someone  familiar with hot solder.

Great -- let's hear it for human-repairable.  The real question is, to
diagnose whether these caps are bad, so as to justify the trouble and danger of
taking the motherboard out of the case and subjecting it to the desoldering a
soldering bench.

FWIW, I assembled this whole PC from a "kit" consisting of the SB
motherboard and custom case, plus other parts I ordered myself, all from Tiger,  Inc.
When finished, I transplanted the HD from my old Win95 machine into  it, and it
booted right up!

Say, anyone remember the DOS command to make a HD bootable?
Thanks, Mike K.