[Coco] RE: [Color Computer] Opinion time

James Hrubik jimhrubik at earthlink.net
Mon Apr 3 13:58:44 EDT 2006

Yo, Gene, I've had it hooked to a 26" TV for games, and it DOES
change your perspective a bit!

I just now hooked a 3 to my son's 60" RCA (first boot-up of the CoCo
in about 3 years %^( ... I know, I'm supposed to be working... ) and
it ggve a 36" x 32" display.  Talk about grainy!

It does seem a bit of a waste, IMO, to spend $400+ for a monitor to
get RGB analog, when Roy's board is available for so much less, and
VGA monitors arer readily available at throw-away prices.  To each
his own.

On Apr 3, 2006, at 1:07 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:

> On Monday 03 April 2006 12:01, Stephen Blunt wrote:
>> My suggestion (which I hopefully be carrying out myself soon) is to
>> use a modern arcade monitor. There is a company that is now selling
>> directly to the public. They have a 27" unit that would need to be
>> put is some sort of housing and costs ~$400. It does CGA, EGA, VGA
>> and SVGA, frequencies of 15~47hz. I figure this the best way to have
>> it all (on a nice big screen).
>>
> A coco, displaying on a 27" screen?  Two words come to mind, awesome,
> and overkill.  Emphasis on the awesome though. :)
>
> --
> Cheers, Gene

-----Items below rated "R"; parental discretion advised----
Democracy : a form of high-interest predatory credit card which
allows a nation to mortgage it's future for the popular demands of
the present.
  From the sayings of Grampa Jim, Copyright 2006.
Unauthorized use of my stuff may cause senility.