[Coco] RE: [Color Computer] Opinion time

Stephen Blunt sblunt at agsecorp.com
Mon Apr 3 12:01:18 EDT 2006

My suggestion (which I hopefully be carrying out myself soon) is to use a
modern arcade monitor. There is a company that is now selling
directly to the public. They have a 27" unit that would need to be put is
some sort of housing and costs ~$400. It does CGA, EGA, VGA and SVGA,
frequencies of 15~47hz. I figure this the best way to have it all (on a nice
big screen).

Stephen Blunt

		AFAIK, the shack hasn't sold a monitor suitable for use on a
coco3 in 80
		column ever, way too fuzzy.  For a while maggy made some that
were
		decent, both under their own name and under the Commodore
label as the
		108x series, and their own 8CM515 and 8CM135..  And some of
the NEC
		multisyncs were also usable.

		But no one has made an rgb input, ntsc std scan rates monitor
in at
		least a decade now, not even the $7000 a copy broadcast
stuff.  About
		the best is to get a scan convertor to upconvert it to vga
monitor
		compatability, there are at least 2 being made by members of
this list
		and I'm personally using one Roy Justis made.