[Coco] CoCo Fest video and chat

Roger Taylor webmaster at coco3.com
Sun Apr 30 16:50:58 EDT 2006

Well, for the second year we've managed to pull off some last-minute
miracles and come up with a webcam feed from the Last Annual Chicaco CoCo Fest.

This year we missed Saturday alltogether due to connection problems but
much to my surprise when I got up this morning (Sunday) there appeared to
be some attempts from the fest at uploading cam pictures to the coco3.com
server.  When I checked the last image out it was definately a shot from
the fest floor, so I went to work right away setting up the CoCo Cafe to
display these images.  For a while they weren't updating for long periods
of time, but all of a sudden things started coming together.

So, before the day was wasted we managed to build up some 14+ chatters at a
time in the CoCo Cafe complete with an updating picture from the fest
floor.  Ofcourse, the images had to be repainted over a blank background
due to how the chat system refreshes the web page, so the fest images had
to "ride along" as a static image on the page and get updated whenever the
page did.  Since the cam rate and the chat rate were about the same, I
didn't bother putting in any fancy JavaScript to make the image refresh
while the chat page was idle, but I could have.  I'll save that for the
next event that comes along with a cam feed.

Actually, right now the cam is still going and it looks like those guys are
cleaning up and stuff, so if you wanna catch it before they turn the cam
off, here's the link:

http://chat.coco3.com

Night, all.
Cheers,