[Coco] EPROMS, Flash ROM etc.

im_coco im_coco at whizkidzit.com
Sun Apr 16 22:25:25 EDT 2006

Hi All,

This is my first post to the list so hopefully it get's there ok !

I've just entered the Coco scene, having purchased an MC10, Coco2 and Coco3
128k on ebay recently. I've also just bought Roger's Portal-9 package to get
me going on the development front.

When I started to think about doing a FDC controller emulator recently I
decided that using 29F010 or similar Flash roms would be much easier than
building an Eprom programmer. The chips are cheap and trivial to program and
pin compatible with EPROMS. I built my programmer in one evening (including
atmel software development) to take INTEL hex files over the serial port
from the PC. Of course the problem now is that I need some glue logic for
decoding address lines etc and I've got distracted by building a GAL
programmer ! Oh well something to keep me occupied.

If I can contribute anything, help answer some questions etc then feel free
to contact me. I've been "playing" in the industry for almost 30 years as a
hobbyist and professional.

Regards,

Ingmar Meins - MACS
Griffith, NSW, Australia