[Coco] Re: Manual Wanted - TRP-100

Andrew keeper63 at cox.net
Sun Apr 9 02:17:04 EDT 2006

All,

I managed to rescue from the junk heap today a TRS-80 TRP-100 thermal
printer. If you are not familiar with this printer, it is a small,
portable thermal ribbon printer that apparently could run off of 5
C-cell batteries in addition to a 6V, 2A wall-wart. It is catalog
#26-1275. There are both serial (4-pin round DIN) and parallel
(centronics) ports on the back, and a set of DIP switches as well, which
are detailed as to function on the bottom of the unit.

What I am interested in is a manual, instructions, or command set to use
to allow me to print with it. I realize I could easily hook it up to my
Color Computer 3 and get some output using PRINT #-2 commands, but I am
looking for complete control of the printhead (dot matrix graphics), if
that is possible.

After a quick google I was not able to find any information or manual
for this printer aside from a connector pin diagram (I have a standard
DIN serial cable, so this wasn't much help). If anyone has a PDF of the
manual, or could point me to one, or to someone selling one, etc - or
would be willing to post (or email me) the command set structure, it
would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Andrew L. Ayers
Phoenix (Glendale), Arizona