[CoCo] CoCo3.com

L. Curtis Boyle curtisboyle at sasktel.net
Fri Sep 30 15:12:40 EDT 2005

    Do you mean from the hard drive itself (IDE identification) or what is
formatted onto the hard drive? My DETECT_IDE basic09 program for the last
version of the Glenside drivers already has a built in asking the drive to
identify itself, and I have notes in the source code that some really old
drives may NOT report the information properly.

On Fri, 30 Sep 2005 13:00:29 -0600, Paul T. Barton <idezilla at yahoo.com>
wrote:

> Roger,
>
> I'd like to have (either rsdos-basic
> or nitros9) a program that would
> dump out the information sector of
> hard-drives so that I can see what
> the parameters are. This I can use when
> determining what an old drive sized as.
> For instance, www.bgmicro.com is selling
> 810mb laptop drives for about $5 but
> without labels. These are plenty big
> enough for NitrOS-9 use.
>
> Thanks,
> Paul - idezilla
>
> --- Roger Taylor <roger at newfoal.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello gang,
>>
> --snipped--
>> So, with this being said, I think this is a
>> great time to produce some new
>> things.  Please send your ideas.
>>
>> The question is, what do we need this winter to
>> keep us busy with our CoCos?

> Yahoo! for Good
> Donate to the Hurricane Katrina relief effort.

L. Curtis Boyle