[Coco] After Rita

Dave Kelly daveekelly at earthlink.net
Sun Sep 25 15:50:23 EDT 2005

Well, I guess an update for Sunday September 25, 2005 is in order.
Sorta.  Rita has  passed and the world around  here is returning to the
land of the sane.

Drove into Magnolia a while ago to eat. Hurricane rations get old quick.
One steak house open, McDonalds and Burger King open. Gas stations still
out of fuel.

Here in Todd Mission I could find no damage. One person on our street
said he had a tree come down. Only hiccups in the power. Enough to reset
your clock or your computer.  No outages.  Not enough rain to wet the
ground good.

Todd Mission is in the lower SE corner of Grimes county. Magnolia is in
the upper NW corner of Montgomery county. Six miles apart. In between is
a mile of the western tip of Waller county. Both Grimes and Montgomer
counties are dry to on premise alcohole. That mile of Waller county on
Hwy 1774 has 2 salloons. One has been there since 1937 and I have talked
to 3 generation that frequent the place. Both were open and very very
busy Saturday.

Lets see. The newspaper started back this morning, so I can read the
funnies. I see butterflies out in the weed patch. My old tom cat is
curled up under the work shop. The calender says it late September and
the thermometer registers 103 degrees.  Yes, everything is as it was.

Dave