[Coco] [Color Computer] Multi-vue Vs. Deskmate 3

L. Curtis Boyle curtisboyle at sasktel.net
Sun Sep 25 13:21:53 EDT 2005

     Multivue is more like a windowing shell (like some of the graphical
DOS shells, or Windows Version 1.x), with a few mini-apps (the calendar,
calculator, printer and port setup programs, etc.), while Deskmate is more
like VIP Library - a set of apps together in one package, but with no
ability to add new programs, etc. to it. With Multivue, you can add
applications, icons, etc. to make your own custom desktop, with folders
etc., while Deskmate you just have the applicatons it came with.
     What problem are you having with 16 color windows? I believe that
stock Multivue only supported 4 color (or was it 4 or 16 color, but only
320x192 resolution... haven't used stock in so long, that I don't
remember). The Kent Myers upgrade added support for the missing window
type, and I did some mods past that that I mentioned earlier (both 6809
and 6309 versions... the 6309 versions are more extensive).

--
L. Curtis Boyle