[Coco] ToolShed for Windows

John R. Hogerhuis jhoger at pobox.com
Sun Sep 25 00:13:50 EDT 2005

On Sat, 2005-09-24 at 21:02 -0500, Boisy G. Pitre wrote:
> I've seen various messages on the CoCo list regarding the lack of
> ToolShed for Windows.  As much as I would like to help in getting
> ToolShed working on this platform, I simply cannot allocate the time
> for it.  Hence, I need someone to step up to the plate and complete
> the port.  Robert Gault has started on a Windows port, and has made
> some progress, but he has run into some legitimate porting issues
> that I simply don't have time to address.  Could someone who uses
> Windows and has some Linux experience please help him?  We need to be
> sure that changes to the source base do not affect compilation on the
> supported platforms (Windows, Mac OS, Linux).
>
> Thanks,
> Boisy

Robert sent me the messages he sent to the Toolshed list. They look like
posix dependency issues. I found a microsoft article on porting from
UNIX, it might be of some help.

I could probably do the fixes fairly quickly but I've never succeeded in
getting a good Mingw cross-compilation environment set up.

-- John.