[Coco] New CoCo 3 Emulator

Ward Griffiths wdg3rd at comcast.net
Thu Sep 22 19:27:01 EDT 2005

On 09/22/2005 06:36 pm, John R. Hogerhuis wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-09-22 at 17:47 -0400, Diego Barizo wrote:
> > http://members.lycos.co.uk/poco6809/bjork/index.html
> > Still Beta, but so far, so good.
>
> Another binary-only and/or "no commercial use" coco emulator.
>
> Wish people would get with the program and license either under BSD
> license or GPL.
>
> BTW, does anyone have a list of GPL or BSD-style licensed coco
> emulators? Are there any of the Coco3?
>
> Before saying MESS or JV, they are non-free licenses (both have
> no-commercial-use clauses and the JV emulator does not even permit
> redistribution of source).
>
> Here's one but it's Coco and Dragon only:
> http://www.6809.org.uk/dragon/xroar.shtml

Yup.  I'd love to see a Coco 1/2/3 emulator along the lines of xtrs for the
TRS-80 1/3/4.  But I know damned well I'm not competent to write it myself.
I don't do Windoze, the idea of running a Coco emulator under a DOS emulator
under Linux fails to thrill me.  And xmess never seems to agree with my
choice of hardware.
Ward Griffiths    wdg3rd at comcast.net

But today doctors are as dependent on Medicare and Medicaid as their
patients are.  The great narcotic of the welfare state has caused
consumers and doctors alike to lose faith not only in the free market
but also in the concept of voluntary charity.  Everyone has lost faith
in himself and in others.  -- Jacob Hornberger