[Coco] {coco} wordpak RS info needed

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sat Sep 17 20:37:35 EDT 2005

On Saturday 17 September 2005 11:15, RJRTTY at aol.com wrote:
>     I forgot to mention I am doing this for Boisy so anything you
>might send me may end up on the Nitros9 site.......
>
>Roy
>rjrtty at aol.com

Thats fine.  I asked at one point, a long ways back up the log now,
if there was any interest but at that time it seemed Boisy was more
interested in the "lowest common denominator" aspect.

I'd have fixed mine back up after the old Maxtor 7120s drive died &
was replaced with a 1gig Seacrate but although I was able to make the
Maxtor run long enough to do a dircopy of it to the seagate, I have
yet to aquire the instructions as to how one goes about replaceing
the generic kernel Mark installed on the seagate that seriously
cripples my system, with one that actually runs my system.  From the
generic os9boot on it now, multiview is dead, my serial mouse is dead
too, and the WP-RS is dead.  Trying to do everything from a single
Term screen sucks (dead toads thru soda straws according to Joanne Dow)

I've built 3 os9boot files that should work, and installed them using
the basic's backup command, but I've not been able to get it to boot
from anything but the default file Mark installed.

Anyway, I'll grab this drive hanging out of this box & go see if I can
find that stuff, there is probably at least 10 copies of it on the
coco's hard drive.  Back later if successfull & I don't run out of
steam, I've been doing postholes today & had to run to town and get
some big lag bolts & a hook of sorts to drive into the stub of the
old posts so I could attach enough pull to remove it from the hole.
Split rail fence, posts are rotting off, for the 4th time in 20
years...  Gets old after a while, specially when you fight with a
root in the bottom of the hole, and when you finally get it out, its
an 8 inch piece of the telco's 50 pair, which they buried exactly on
my back property line.  But not deep enough.  Jerks...

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)