[Coco] [Color Computer] Multi-vue help

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Sat Sep 17 12:07:07 EDT 2005

Glen VanDenBiggelaar wrote:
> Thank you Robert,
>

>> I expect that you tried the instructions word for word. If you look
>> carefully, you will see that the line
>> edit /do/sys/env.file
>> can't be correct. There is a typo and the /do should be /d0.
>> However, the above should produce error #221 "module not found."
>

> I did think that this was indeed a typo, so I did try it both ways. I
> did not get any error message, but when I typed in "+3"  (line 5) it did
> return as "*FALED*.
>
>> Next possible error involves the treatment of the lines
>> RAM=128
>> *RAM=512
>> which must be changed to reflect the larger size of 512k. The
>> instructions don't tell the reader what they are attempting to
>> accomplish with Edit; which could cause problems. You want the two
>> lines to read
>> *RAM=128
>> RAM=512
>> per the instructions on page 1-6. Alternatively you could just have a
>> single line
>> RAM=512
>

> Ok, You lost me there (no big suprise) I have the fist printing of the
> manual,so it might be changed, but my next step says (line 6) Type
> c/R/*R/ [Enter]
> so am I supose to enter "c/128/*512/ [ENTER]?

Nope, we have the same edition. I'm just showing you the content of
env.file (you could just list it) that the directions are saying to
change. As Mannequin indicated, the Tandy instructions tell edit to move
forward three lines "+3".

You need to type "+3" without any leading spaces and then ENTER. You
should see the E: prompt and after making your entry.

E:+3
    RAM=128

The Edit command  c/R/*R/[ENTER]   will change the line to
    *RAM=128

In short, now that I know that the error you were talking about is an
Edit error, all I can suggest is study the syntax for Edit. Further,
make sure that env.file is indeed in the sys directory. After starting
Edit with the line
edit /d0/sys/env.file[ENTER]
enter the command
l*[ENTER]
to make sure that you see the contents of the env.file file. Just in
case you have forgotten the convention, don't include the []'s when you
type the above.