[Coco] {coco} wordpak RS info needed

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sat Sep 17 01:00:07 EDT 2005

On Friday 16 September 2005 23:59, RJRTTY at aol.com wrote:
>      Does anybody know where  the data latch is in the Wordpak RS 80
>col. card.  I know that the configuration
>registers are at FF78 and FF79  but I dont know the data
>latch address.   Also what procedure is used to enable the latch.
>
>Also would anybody happen to have any software drivers for it?  Both
>RSDOS and OS9.
>
>TIA
>Roy

That was one of the odd things about that card, the other two
registers were at $FF76-77.  This of course meant that it tied up 2
whole 4 byte wide i/o spaces, something I considered a huge waste so
I did a bit of cutting and pasting and moved the $FF78-79 pair to
$FF74-75 in my own copy.

I don't know about rsdos drivers for it as I never ran rsdos any
longer than to type "dos", usually before the monitor was warmed up
enough to show a pix.

There are os9 drivers for it on rtsi I believe.  One set in
particular was the one I used as it allowed the WP-RS to be used at
the same time as the regular color monitor and you had two screens
side by side, both 99% functional.  The missing 1% was that the pause
at the screen full when doing a listing didn't on the WP-RS screen.

Thats the driver set that gives wecho, but I don't recall the exact
names of the other two pieces ATM.  I eventually merged them all into
cc3io, saveing a page of os9 level 2 system ram in the process.
They were done by Dennis Skala.

Unforch, my drivers are still on the coco3's drive, never having been
able to make a file transfer to this linux box for that stuff.  They
would give you a larger screen thatn the stock drivers too, I'd
played with the init data being fed to the video chip.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)