[CoCo] OT - Hams & Plans

Ward Griffiths wdg3rd at comcast.net
Mon Sep 12 22:24:08 EDT 2005

On 09/12/2005 03:40 pm, jdaggett at gate.net wrote:
> James
>
> I think there is far to much over hype as to a potential EMP event
> perpetrated on the US. Such an event would come from two
> sources,  China or Russia. Neither of these two governments are
> that stupid to do such a thing.

Actually, there is one other government with the gear and stupidity to do such
a thing to the US.  Unfortunately, they claim to be in charge here and
"we" (that's the "we" that means a lot of folks other than myself) voted them
into power.  And there's no difference between Red and Blue.  With Great
Power Comes Great Stupidity.  (Yeah, I know Stan Lee worded it differently,
but that was during the Kennedy administration, and that one was just as
murderous as the one we've got now and every one in between and for a century
previous).

Several reports around imply that domestic EMP might be involved in a
situation of domestic unrest.  Any aristocrat knows that peasants are
revolting (to see or smell) whether they're up in arms or obediently working
in the fields.
Ward Griffiths    wdg3rd at comcast.net

But today doctors are as dependent on Medicare and Medicaid as their
patients are.  The great narcotic of the welfare state has caused
consumers and doctors alike to lose faith not only in the free market
but also in the concept of voluntary charity.  Everyone has lost faith
in himself and in others.  -- Jacob Hornberger