[Coco] Text files for Basic09

Roger Merchberger zmerch at 30below.com
Mon Sep 12 20:16:27 EDT 2005

Rumor has it that John W. Linville may have mentioned these words:
>On Mon, Sep 12, 2005 at 07:15:36PM -0400, Diego Barizo wrote:
> > I've been trying to use a DOS/Win text editor to write a Basic09
> > program, but seems that the files created by the OS9 text editor uses
> > some no-standard character for the line-feed.
> > Has any of you ever done something like this? What text editor could work?
>
>Iirc, OS-9 uses the CR-only end-of-line like the Mac.  If you are
>on a linux box w/ the mac2unix and unix2mac utilities (part of the
>dos2unix package), then you are in business.  I have no idea what
>you do if you are on Windows.

GWDEdit.

It automagically notices any line ending, and you can set a default to any
line ending you want: MS-DOS/Linux/Mac.

I liked it so much, I paid for it. There's not a lot of development anymore
for it, but it doesn't really need it - it's very easy to get color
profiles for just about anything (including several processors assembly),
it's relatively small, fast, and *lots* of features, including regexp
search & replace.

That said, there are many other "Notepad Replacements" that can handle
multiple line ending scenarios. Google is your friend. ;-)

Laterz,
Roger "Merch" Merchberger

--
Roger "Merch" Merchberger   | Anarchy doesn't scale well. -- Me
zmerch at 30below.com.         |