[Coco] Why DECB is important to OS-9 folk.

Ward Griffiths wdg3rd at comcast.net
Sat Sep 10 19:56:10 EDT 2005

On 09/10/2005 05:17 pm, Stephen H. Fischer wrote:

> My solution under OS-9 would allow for a DECB runner, a full screen text
> editor and an online Manual which could be switched to by using the "clear"
> key. No huge delay like the switching of programs on DECB.

> Another of my points that is being ignored. Why not build a system that has
> the basic parts and floppy software so that all that would be necessary for
> the user to answer questions about their disks and then save that
> information. If they had an HD then that support would be loaded into OS-9
> dynamically. No need to build a new boot disk by old timers or new OS-9
> people.

Which part of "this is a hobby and nobody who doesn't own a landfill has made
real money from the Coco in close to fifteen years" did you miss?  If you
want a feature, write it.  Or at least ask politely, don't whine.
Ward Griffiths    wdg3rd at comcast.net

But today doctors are as dependent on Medicare and Medicaid as their
patients are.  The great narcotic of the welfare state has caused
consumers and doctors alike to lose faith not only in the free market
but also in the concept of voluntary charity.  Everyone has lost faith
in himself and in others.  -- Jacob Hornberger