[Coco] DECB on the COCO - (was: Why DECB is important to OS-9 folk.)

John R. Hogerhuis jhoger at pobox.com
Sat Sep 10 04:07:15 EDT 2005

On Sat, 2005-09-10 at 01:05 -0600, Willard Goosey wrote:
> >From: "John E. Malmberg" <wb8tyw at qsl.net>
> >Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2005 21:29:46 -0400
>
> >I have looked at getting the real DECB running under OS-9 on a COCO-I/II.
>
> Check out RSB by Burke & Burke.  Brother Jeremy (sp?) may have
> copies.  It patched DECB so that it could run under OS-9LII.
>
> There was also "Rusty" which did about the same thing.

I knew someone must have done this already, having an MMU and OS-9 that
arbitrates ownership of RAM pages.

It would be extrememly cool if this technology became available to
everyone, especially with the Rainbow magazine project underway. All
those disk basic and extended basic program type-ins that could now be
launched under OS-9 Level II without having to reboot the machine.

-- John.