[Coco] Why DECB is important to OS-9 folk.

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Fri Sep 9 09:34:50 EDT 2005

There is a module that can be added to the os9boot file that will cause
OS-9 to print errors as text messages. This module is part of the
NitrOS-9 distribution and is even in the standard.bl boot list and only
needs "uncommenting" to activate. As neither Disk Basic nor OS-9 error
messages mean much to the average user :) , the printerr boot module
makes OS-9 equivalent to Disk Basic in this regard.

OS-9/NitrOS-9 is an OS not a language. Don't look for OS-9 one liners
but Basic09, C, or Pascal one liners. Basic09 is no harder than Disk
Basic to learn and is much more powerful.