[Coco] Why DECB is important to OS-9 folk.

Willard Goosey goosey at virgo.sdc.org
Fri Sep 9 04:37:51 EDT 2005

>From: "Stephen H. Fischer" <SFischer1 at MindSpring.com>
>Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2005 22:21:36 -0700

>Considering the files that appeared on Delphi and CompuServe which are on
>RTSI.

I don't know about Delphi and CompuServe, never used them.  Most of
the files that were on the Internet are either on RTSI or in the
Princeton archive on maltedmedia.

>Yes. If a DECB person saw an ERROR 190 they would not understand.

Compared to ST? ERROR?  DECB's error messages aren't a lot more
understandable.  I've had a CoCo more than half my life, and I still
have to look up error messages.

>I am thinking about a new two parts. A new shell and a program that handles
>the DECB running of programs. That program would be mainly for the DECB
>folk, but it is mostly done already.

You may wish to investigate the possibility of porting Bywater BASIC
to OS9.  It's in C, can run on CP/M, and should be fairly portable.
Older versions, at least, could be compiled with a K&R compiler.  It
may be what you're looking for.

Willard
Willard Goosey  goosey at sdc.org
Socorro, New Mexico, USA