[COCO] Makin' new stuff

Ward Griffiths wdg3rd at comcast.net
Thu Sep 8 15:53:47 EDT 2005

On 09/08/2005 05:06 am, PaulH96636 at aol.com wrote:
> In a message dated 9/7/05 3:13:24 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
> alsplace at pobox.com writes:
> True,  true -- like all those nuts working on 50 year old cars.
> Ghads, talk about ancient tech with bad gas milage and no features  :-)
>
> -- A
>

> Heh, heh.  At what point do we
> designate a computer becomes
> an antique....?    ;-)

I don't hardly ever declare a computer an antique.  I'm bragging to cow-orkers
that I've got systems older than they are (and more functional and the way
public schools work, probably smarter -- I did Eliza with a 4k Coco back back
before AI was k00l, transcribing it from a TRS-80 Mod One).

With cars, I'd put my first '64 Impala gas-guzzler up against anything around
if the guy I sold it to for tuition money in '73 hadn't killed it.  (A lesson
I learned a few decades back -- never sell a car to somebody drunker than you
are without waiting for the check to clear before passing over the pink
slip).
Ward Griffiths    wdg3rd at comcast.net

Let's get real. According to the CBO's report, in the current fiscal
year the U.S. government is gorging on some $2,142 billion of revenues,
consisting of taxes, fees, charges, fines, and other species of
extractions from the people's purses. This sum works out to
approximately $7,500 for every man, woman, and child resident in this
country, or $30,000 for a family of four average persons. Perhaps some
of those people feel they are getting benefits worth at least this much.
I myself don't have that feeling.   --  Robert Higgs