Why are you here? Was Re: [Coco] Why DECB is important to OS-9 folk.

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Wed Sep 7 08:23:23 EDT 2005

It does not matter why readers are here as long as they are. They will
respond to messages when the subject matter as indicated by the title
attracts their interest. Perhaps they just enjoy reading messages on
subjects that interest them but are too shy to actually respond.

What is important is that the subject line (title) reflect the content
of the message. We don't need threads that last for months, cover 20 or
more topics, but are under mismatched titles. Interesting content under
mismatched titles are very likely to be missed as spam.

As for why I am here, most of the subject matter interests me if only in
passing. I like helping others get their Coco systems working where
possible. I like learning programming tricks that make the Coco perform
beyond Tandy's expectations. You can see from my web site (and postings
to this and other Coco lists) that I've not been a passive reader hiding
in the background; see publication list.