[Coco] [Color Computer] Re: OS-9 as Replacement for DECB.

jdaggett at gate.net jdaggett at gate.net
Sat Sep 3 13:08:50 EDT 2005

Kevin

Not sure if Basic09 uses CORDIC or not.

But CORDIC stand for COordinate Rotation DIgital Computer.

The algorithym was developed in the early 1950's and has been
used in many TI calculators and even the 8087 FPU by INTEL used
it. It can be very fast and not very accurate or very slow and highly
accurrate.

It works on the principle that any number can be expresses as a
complex number. It is accomplished by rotating the phase of a
complex number. When that complex number is represented in
base 2 or binary, all multiplications are just shifts. Thus you shift
and add to rotate.

james