[Coco] [Color Computer] Re: OS-9 as Replacement for DECB.

Ward Griffiths wdg3rd at comcast.net
Sat Sep 3 02:32:55 EDT 2005

On 09/02/2005 03:22 pm, Kevin Diggs wrote:

>  Given the existence of OS9 (with BASIC09, C, and PASCAL), I just don't
> get why people stick with the ROM stuff? WARNING - ATTEMPT AT HUMOR -
> WARNING: Do you guys also like to play with abacci, piles of rocks, and
> sticks in loose dirt?

Will a simple "yes" to that question satisfy you?  I do still indeed try to
keep in practice with an abacus.  As well as with the primitive BASIC
interpreters in my ancient Tandy (Z-80, 6809, 68k, 8085) equipment.

I also like BASIC09.  But I've probably written more lines of code in the
Bourne shell and several of its descendants than I ever wrote in BASIC (BASIC
was my main language from 1978 to 1983, but then Xenix showed up in my RSCC).
Ward Griffiths    wdg3rd at comcast.net

Let's get real. According to the CBO's report, in the current fiscal
year the U.S. government is gorging on some $2,142 billion of revenues,
consisting of taxes, fees, charges, fines, and other species of
extractions from the people's purses. This sum works out to
approximately $7,500 for every man, woman, and child resident in this
country, or $30,000 for a family of four average persons. Perhaps some
of those people feel they are getting benefits worth at least this much.
I myself don't have that feeling.   --  Robert Higgs