[Coco] Re: Why USB would be nice.

jdaggett at gate.net jdaggett at gate.net
Fri Sep 2 16:15:52 EDT 2005

JOhn

Both the keyboard and joystick routines are about 400 lines of code.
Considering the programing model of the 6502 compared to that of
the 6809, I would rather think that both the keyboard and joystick
drive can be combined and only be about 400 lines of code. The
goal is to get to 300. This will most likely keep the code size to
about 1K.

I am already looking at the keyboard driver and have it into Portal 9
and currently chaning all 6502 pnuemonics to 6809. T hen will come
the code chrunch. With the extra registers that the 6809 has there
will not be as much need to push and pull from the stack and
swapping the accumalator between the two index registers. Also
pointing to the table for key capcodes will be faster and easier.

james