[Color Computer] [Coco] Re: OS-9 as Replacement for DECB.

jdaggett at gate.net jdaggett at gate.net
Thu Sep 1 15:31:44 EDT 2005

James

The Coco 3 uses floating point for all its math even addition. All the
floating point math can be off loaded from the interpreter onto a PIC
or and AVR at more efficiency to RSBASIC. Most of the routines
are bogged down by this.

Other peripherals can use more hardware to offload software loads
on RSBASIC to help speed the processor at current speed.

That is what I meant by hardware. Take some of the tasks that
RSBASIC is doing and move it to the peripherals.

james