[Color Computer] [Coco] Re: OS-9 as Replacement for DECB.

Ray Watts rayanddoraleew at earthlink.net
Thu Sep 1 16:55:10 EDT 2005

James Diffendaffer wrote:

>>Please consider reading all that I have said about this project
>>

>again before
>

>>offering comments. I again feel that I am not communicating the main
>>

>point.
>

>>I am suggesting not that all the DECB users be moved to OS-9, but
>>

>that OS-9
>

>>be used to replace the DECB code with a solution that is running
>>

>OS-9 but
>

>>appears that nothing has changed to the DECB user.
>>

>Duplicating DECB would take quite a bit of memory on top of OS-9 and
>not all software would run but a syntax compatible BASIC could be written.

As I stated earlier, Burke & Burke's RSB already runs on top of OS-9,
runs fine on a 512k machine and should be unlimited on 2meg, and is
nearly 100% syntax compatible with DECB.  It has been a few years since
I have used it and I don't recall the workaround for a ML program, if,
indeed, there is one.