[Coco] Re: OS-9 Configuration Program

farna at att.net farna at att.net
Mon Sep 12 20:51:26 EDT 2005

That's exactly what Rick Ulland did with his old "Tune-Up" package a couple years before NitrOS9 came out. It had a boot file maker (config) program that automatically installed all the known "must have" patches for OS-9, and the most useful third party utilities. You just answered a few questions and it would create a boot disk for you. Surely someone has a copy of it??!! It could use a little improvement I'm sure. It was written to run with two 35 track single sided disks, which was the lowest common denominator at the time. It required two drives. I'm pretty sure it required 64K on a CoCo2, but would run on a CoCo3 as well. That would be a great package to improve for CoCo3 only! I know Rick had a hard time packing everything into a couple 35 track single sided drives. It would work better with double sided 360K drives. I gave all my CoCo stuff away! Sometimes I wish I hadn't but I barely have time for hobbies now!

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Independent