[Coco] Pokes for DECB to allow Single density 35 Track Disks to be Formated and Backed up?

Stephen H. Fischer SFischer1 at MindSpring.com
Sat Sep 10 03:47:01 EDT 2005

Hi,

Are there pokes for DECB to allow Single density 35 Track Disks to be
Formatted and Backed up? Setting Sectors per Track?

This would allow for FLEX disks that are entirely Single Density to be
backed up.

FLEX also has mixed density type disks which I assume cannot be backed up by
DECB. DECB will backup OS-9 Double Density 35 or 40 Track disks if patched
as it does not look at the data during the backup process.

I found that all of my FLEX disks are readable even after sitting unused for
decades. So I am copying the files on them to OS-9 disks for backup onto
CD's.
There are some files that must be placed at fixed places on the FLEX boot
disk which will not occur by just copying the files. And formatting new
blank disks would be a great bonus.

Any ideas as to how to save a FLEX disk using DECB or OS-9?

TIA

Stephen H. Fischer