[Coco] OT: What's the best FPGA/PLD for hobbiest projects?

Jim Cox jimcox at miba51.com
Fri Sep 2 16:45:20 EDT 2005

I have a non-CoCo related project that I have had in the
back of my mind for some time now, and now that some major
home projects are winding down, I may have time to look
into it.

I'd like to get some opinions about what FPGA/PLD's those
of you out there that work with them prefer to use.  I
would also like to find some low cost or free development
tools (VHDL or Verilog) and would appreciate any
recommendations you may have.

I am looking at the Pegasus development board from
www.digilentinc.com.  Anyone have any experience with
this.

If you feel it's best to post off the list, feel free to
send  directly to me.  Thanks!

-Jim