[Color Computer] [Coco] Re: OS-9 as Replacement for DECB.

James Diffendaffer jdiffendaffer at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 1 13:12:52 EDT 2005

> Please consider reading all that I have said about this project
again before
> offering comments. I again feel that I am not communicating the main
point.
> I am suggesting not that all the DECB users be moved to OS-9, but
that OS-9
> be used to replace the DECB code with a solution that is running
OS-9 but
> appears that nothing has changed to the DECB user.

Duplicating DECB would take quite a bit of memory on top of OS-9 and
not all software would run but a syntax compatible BASIC could be written.

Software that is strictly BASIC (no machine language) should work
unless there isn't as much RAM available or it uses PEEKs and POKEs to
mess with the system and those addresses aren't valid under OS-9.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/cd_AJB/QnQLAA/TtwFAA/CFFolB/TM