[Coco] CUBIX on the CoCo?

Boisy G. Pitre boisy at boisypitre.com
Sun Oct 30 20:08:51 EST 2005

On Oct 30, 2005, at 7:00 PM, jdaggett at gate.net wrote:

> Dave
>
> First off thanks for the info. I was not sure but is did seem that
> keyboard and video driver were specific to the board and user. You
> essentially confirmed my suspicion. As far as I know, the standard
> basic roms in the Coco3 do not use the SWI interrupt. I know that
> OS9 does. I did see your use of the SWI instruction and as of now
> see no issue to it.

Actually, OS-9 only hooks into the SWI2 vector.  Given that, I
believe it might be possible to do a port of CUBIX so that it
actually ran under NitrOS-9 Level 2 as a process.  The I/O routines
that need to be written could actually be written to invoke OS-9 I
$Read/I$Write calls, and since each process gets its own 64K space on
a CoCo 3, this isn't as far fetched as it may sound.

I tend to agree with James; if one wanted to port CUBIX straight to
the CoCo, it would be easier on a CoCo 1/2 than on a CoCo 3.
--
Boisy G. Pitre
boisy at boisypitre.com
"Monde, je suis pas venu ici pour vous faire de la peine."