[Coco] Re: Ideas for a Graphics Project, part 2

Richard E. Crislip rcrislip at neo.rr.com
Tue Oct 25 14:03:08 EDT 2005

Hello Roger

<snip>

> Sockmaster's Hi-Color mode as in Twilight Terminal is superior to The
> Projector's and Projector-3's flicker modes.  Sock's Hi-Color mode is
> complex enough to boggle you for hours.  In fact, I never learned just
> how  he does it even after many attempts of him explaining it to me...
> and I am  a super fast learner.  However, it involves two screens each
> filtered for a  different color and palette set to achieve even more
> colors and less  flicker than what P-3 can do.

Without actually talking to Sockmaster, I have deduced that what he has done
was simular to the HAM (Hold An Modify) trick done on the Amiga which
allowed it to display all 4095 colors of its palette. The down side of the
Amiga HAM was artifacting anytime the screen was scrolled from the original
position. It got pretty bad during certain instances. But it was cool just
the same.

Regards
--
Cruising on AutoPilot                       |
        With an Amiga           ---o-o-O-o-o---  and a CoCo